Profile and Objective
Profile and Objective:
I possess 9+ years’ experience specializing in ICT, Management Information Systems (MIS), and Knowledge Management in Sri Lanka’s International Development/Humanitarian sector, most recently at World Vision and Scope Global. I have hands-on experience using MIS and ICT systems for applied social research, data management, analysis, and reporting/dissemination that contribute to decision-making, adaptive management, and improvement quality in development/humanitarian sector programming.
As an example demonstrative of my capacity to engage in specialized Data Management and Results Monitoring/Reporting, I currently work within World Vision Lanka’s Strategy and Evidence Department, supporting 30+ field offices and the National Office with managing, analyzing, and reporting data emerging from multi-sectoral programming funded by both national and international donors. In this role, I have proven cross-functional leadership, accuracy, and innovation skills by developing quick, real-time dashboards based on internal data drawn from numerous repositories, and (digital) community feedback mechanisms which have contributed to the organization’s agility, particularly during COVID-19.
I hold an MBA in e-Governance (InfoTech/InfoSec) awarded by General Sir John Kotelawala Defense University, a Professional Membership form the British Computer Society (MBCS), an Associate Membership form the Computer Society of Sri Lanka (AMCSSL), Membership from the Internet Society, Sri Lankan Chapter, and additional qualifications and expertise in ICT, MIS, and Knowledge Management as applicable to the International Development/Humanitarian sector.
My ultimate career objective is to secure a position in the Humanitarian/International Development sector that will allow me to contribute and utilize my extensive experience and qualifications in Information Systems, Data Management, Data Analysis, IT Policy, Strategic Planning, Info/Security, and IT Project Management in order to deliver and ensure high-quality programming for vulnerable communities in Sri Lanka.
Areas of Expertise and Skills
2019 – Reading
Master of Science in Service Management (M.Sc in Service Management)
IHRA, University of Colombo.
Master of Business Administration in e-Governance (MBA)
General Sir John Kotelawala Defense University.
Management Information Systems & Knowledge Management –World Vision Lanka (Gte) Ltd (March 2019 to date)
Within the World Vision International partnership, World Vision Lanka is a locally registered International Non Governmental Organization (INGO) serving the most vulnerable children and families of Sri Lanka through programming in livelihoods and economic development, child protection, education, health and nutrition, water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH), advocacy, disaster risk and resilience (DRR), and gender equality and social cohesion (GESI) across 15 Districts of Sri Lanka.
Information and Communication Technology & Management Information Systems – Scope Global (Pty) Ltd (May 2017 to March 2019)
Australian Government (DFAT) – Australian Aid Funded program on Skills for Inclusive Growth for Sri Lanka (S4IG). S4IG is an initiative of the Australian Government in partnership with the Sri Lankan Ministry of Science, Technology, Research, Skills Development and Vocational Training.
Cyber Security & Analytics and Business Intelligence – International College of Business and Technology (ICBT) Sri Lanka (August 2017 to date)
Prepare and Develop lecture materials using recommended study materials. Prepare laboratory simulators and virtual environments for penetration testing. Deliver lectures for Cyber Security, Data Analytics, Business Intelligence for B.Sc IT/SE students. Coordinate assignments with course coordinator and conduct evaluations as per the university regulations.
Information and Communication Technology – Alliance Development Trust (March 2014 to May 2017)
Conduct research studies on Cyber security / Information security and prepare simulators (example: digital survey using Android tablets with security encryptions and centralized cloud database for an academic research project hosted by Baylor University (USA) on a Socio-Economic development project titled REEP) .Assisted in developing IT Processes, IT Procedures, IT / Security Policies and regularly reported performance metrics to senior.
Information and Communication Technology – National Christian Council of Sri Lanka (August 2012 to February 2014)
Implemented and managed Symantec End Point Protection Management Server as a high end Security Solution for entire domain while assigning Firewall, Device, Application & Security Policies to End Point Users. Initiated Preventive Maintenances (BH) Process for all user PCs/ Laptops once a quarter & conducted IT Audit (software/ hardware) as per organizational. Implemented Internal data server (Windows Server 2003) & web server (Cent OS) architecture management.
Consultancies/Assignments/External Engagements/Independent Projects
Consultant for Digitalization of Business Processes initiatives & Remote Conference 2021 – Methodist Church of Sri Lanka (MCSL)
Mentor, Sector Judge
HackaDev (Season 2) – UNDP Programme
2019 – Present
Internet Society – Sri Lanka Chapter (ISOC-LK)
Startup Toolkit – An Incubation Event for local Entrepreneurs in Eastern Province hosting by North East Federation Chamber of ICT (NEFCICT)
Imagine IF –Entrepreneurship Bootcamp – Pitching Competition hosted and facilitated by Information Communication and Technology Agency of Sri Lanka (ICTA)
Community Leader / Organizer
Startup Weekend Batticaloa hosted by TechStars (USA) – Google for Entrepreneurs
National Youth Social Innovation Challenge (Ideation Phase) – UNDP Programme
Development Concern Gte Ltd (Sri Lanka) www.developmentconcern.com
2017 – Present
Executive Committee Member
Mass Media Commission at NCCSL
TechForum Researchers Association, Sri Lanka
Conduct qualitative and quantitative research & analysis on Electronic Recruitment system framework for Government of Sri Lanka – Link: https://goo.gl/Ksqi9S
E-Commerce for BizApp Hackathon – Season 4 hosted by Moses Holdings
Eastern-Biz start-up programme (for the Tech-Entrepreneurs) hosted by GoSetup Pvt Ltd along with Ministry of Rural Development
Conducted an annual IT audit on IT hardware and software for Ranjay Agencies Pte Ltd
Organizing Committee Member
Startup Weekend – Batticaloa and Trincomalee hosted by TechStars (USA) – Google for Entrepreneurs
Conduct independent research on Information Security – Link: https://goo.gl/SdhWyH
Conducted training for YMCA Batticaloa Staff
Designed and developed a website with online learning portal (LMS) for Youth Invest (Vietnam) www.youthinvest.net
Data Privacy for BizApp Hackathon – Season 1 hosted by Moses Holdings
Website for World Evangelical Alliance (USA) for IDOP Project – www.idop.org
Designed and developed a website for National Christian Council of Sri Lanka – www.nccsl.org
IT Projects and Infrastructure for DeafLink MCSL
Designed and developed a website for Macden Charities Inc. (USA) www.macdencharities.org
Professional Courses, Certificates, Training, and Workshops
- Microsoft Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) – Business Intelligence Reporting 2020 – 2021
- World Vision International Planning and Budgeting – FY20 Global Programme Information System (Horizon)’s Business Process workshop – Bangkok, Thailand 2019
- The Hong Kong Polytechnic University – EdEx (Online)- ISE101x Knowledge Management and Big Data in Business 2019
- Skills for Inclusive Growth & CAMID Inclusion for a community transformation – Gender & Disability 2018
- WinSYS Networks Pvt Ltd Microsoft Certified Solution Associate – (MCSA) 2018-2019
- American Center in Colombo and Information and Communication Technology Agency of Sri Lanka (ICTA) Innovation and Go-To Market Strategy for Entrepreneurs 2017
- Miehlbradt Consulting Ltd (Australia) Monitoring Evaluation and Learning – Donor Committee for Enterprise Development (DCED) Standards for Results measurement in Private Sector Development 2017
- WinSYS Networks Pvt Ltd Certified Information Security Manager 2016
- NetAssist IT Infrastructure Library – Foundation V3 2016
- Project Management Solutions Certified Associate in Project Management 2015
- WinSYS Networks Pvt Ltd Certified Information Security Auditor 2015
- Organized by TechCERT’s Dark-LAB in conjunction with Internet Society (INET Conference Workshop – Dealing with Cyber-Crimes in a globalized world (Digital Forensics) 2015
- Organized by Uniting World in conjunction with Australian AID Workshop – Design, Monitoring and Evaluation for Projects 2015
- Youth Department, Methodist Church Sri Lanka Emerging Leaders’ Summit 2013
- (CCENT) at Great Lake Holdings (SL – UK) Cisco Certified Entry Network Technician 2011
- CSC Computer Education Advanced Certificate in Hardware & Networking – (ACHEN) 2009
- ACS Technology Systems Certificate in Computer Application Assistance 2008
- Sri Lanka General Certificate in Education – Ordinary Level Distinction in ICT 2008/2007
- Student Competition jointly conducted by Ministry of Education & Microsoft Sri Lanka Participant 2007, 2006
- Eastern University of Sri Lanka Certificate in English Language 2006
- University of Cambridge, ESOL Examinations Key English Test 2005
Res: +94 (11) 304 2627
WhatsApp: +94 (77) 721 5040
#135, Dam Street, Colombo – 01200, Sri Lanka